CAAM-Stanley Chong Scholarship applicants
Merit and need scholarships of $1000 or more each for individuals of Chinese descent for college tuition.
An applicant must be:
- of Chinese descent;
- a resident of Minnesota;
- a senior in high school for the 2017-2018 year
- Applicants will be evaluated on their academic records, leadership qualities, and community service
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a CAAM scholarship.
- For need scholarships, the applicant’s family financial situation will also be considered.
- While CAAM membership is not an evaluation criteria, a scholarship recipient who is not a CAAM member will be expected to become a member for the following two years. (CAAM membership application is available at CAAM.org)
- Failure to maintain acceptable academic performance and exemplary behavior throughout the school year may result in the revocation of the scholarship.
Applications forms are available below or may be made available by contacting Bingwen Yan at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Ping Wang at email@example.com
- Application form must be completed
- Applicant needs to provide 3 letters of recommendations, at least one each from a teacher of the current academic year and a mentor or advisor.
- Applicant needs to provide the transcript of the last 12 months from the most recent school attended
- All of the above must be submitted by email or postmarked no later than October 31, 2016.
Note: Incomplete application will NOT be considered.
The application PDF may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post to
CAAM Scholarship Chinese American Association of Minnesota
P. O. Box 582584
Minneapolis, MN 55458-2584
Scholarship recipients will be notified by November 25, 2017.
Scholarship Recipients are encouraged to attend CAAM’s annual banquet in December, 2017. Recipients will need to provide CAAM with a biography what goal or aspiration you hope to achieve with the help of the CAAM Stanley Chong Scholarship. This biography in Chinese will accompany the announcement during CAAM’s Annual Banquet and will be published in media.
Download the scholarship.